Re: kent wax

Original poster: "Daniel Kline" <daniel_kline@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:
At 03:34 PM 11/14/2006, Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: "BRIAN FOLEY" <ka1bbg@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi, carnauba wax listed as 2.9 dielectric coe. and this kent wax is 6.5 to
7.5 dielectric coe. superman looses this time. cul brian f.
That's a very high epsilon. I'd suspect it is a wax loaded with particles of something else that has a high dielecric constant (alumina, water?). I found one vague reference to it being a component in a lubricant, so I doubt it's alumina. Tree Sap? Pine Tar?

Some searching turned up "kent box" as a kind of beehive, and kent beeswax got a few Google hits, so my guess is that it's beeswax.

Dan K.