Re: Taming the SISG

Hi Finn and All,

It probably does not matter now, but it might be a factor later on...

In the CT like array where there are many transformers around a stripped piece of RG-8 style coax.

http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/TOTSISG.jpg

There is a chance (small) for arc through or capacitive noise to go past that layer. A simple solution is to simply add a grounded layer in there to stop the capacitive coupling and act as a HV shield too. Sort of like this with the DRSSTC current pickups:

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/pictures/CTshield.JPG

The grounded tube has no effect on the circuit, but it stops the HV RF coupling and noise dead. Of course, the highest voltage CT must then still able to stand off the grounded tube too... "tri-ax" type cable might be a nice choice too...

Just a thought,

Cheers,

        Terry