Re: Gazing Ball top load,....

Hi,

When my ball top load was "too high", I got corona off the top of the secondary. lowering it fixed that. It "seemed" a bit worse between the balls but I could not get my head "too" close to check. But lowering the top fixed it all. The "pan filling" would probably help that, but I like the "spider rod" thing ;-))

Dave's problem (secondary mid section breakouts) calls for fiddling just a little with tuning. If that does not help, then the secondary has too much voltage stress. Of course, "tuning" can lower secondary voltage to "seem" to fix it too, but that is "backwards"... Hard to say really.

Mini Teslathon in Loveland , tonight,..well. Ill try to take some pics anyway...........

Too late of notice, or I would have showed up ;-))  Party hardy!!

Cheers,

        Terry