Re: Balancing chokes

Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h@xxxx>

Guru wannabee here :-)

The way I see it, the function of these chokes is not to equalize the current trough the variacs. The fnction is to block circulating current, due to difference in output voltage from the variacs.

Just my 2 cents.

Chers, Finn Hammer

snip
So, my question to the magnetics gurus is: how can (what appear to be) simple inductors in series with each variac output enable current equalization? Is there some trick here with core saturation ("swinging chokes"), or is some other mechanism at work?
Regards,
Scott Hanson