RE:newbie

Hi Chris,

So much has changed in the last few years that most books are sort of out of date. I would suggest this web page instead:

http://www.richieburnett.co.uk/tesla.shtml

http://www.richieburnett.co.uk/parts.html
http://www.richieburnett.co.uk/operation.html#operation

Plenty of coils here:

http://j.webring.com/hub?ring=teslaring

Formulas here:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/FormulasForTeslaCoils.pdf

JAVA program here:

http://www.classictesla.com/java/javatc.html

I have never heard of the book you mention. If it is "new" it might be pretty good. Many of the Lindsay books are old and more of historical interest. I have many books from them and they are very nice to read but the data is normally no longer valid. If you get the book, let us know!

More - I found this:

http://www.lindsaybks.com/bks8/tchb/index.html

That does not look like the most efficeint Tesla coil on Earth ;-)) The book was written at least before 1996 so there will not be anything "modern" in it.

Cheers,

        Terry