Re: More Egg of Columbus Progress

Hi Cameron,

Interesting the egg was hollow (as opposed to it's listing). Still, a good price I think for the egg. As mentioned, it will probably be easier to spin up then a solid egg and may actually aid the success of your project. It looks like a lot of fun! Can't wait to here more.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "Cameron B. Prince" <cplists@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hey guys,

I may be able to get this thing finished at least to a point of testing
tonight. The brass egg came in today (finally after almost 2 weeks) and to
my surprise, wasn't solid but is hollow and weighs a mere 3 ounces.
According to a letter I received from Harry Goldman about his egg, this may
be a good thing versus a heavy solid egg. Harry mentions a large amount of
power being required to spin large or heavy objects which in turn causes his
resistor to overheat.