Re: wintesla vs teslamap

Original poster: Slurp812 <slurp812@xxxxxxxxx>

On 10/4/06, Tesla list <<mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Original poster: Vardan <<mailto:vardan01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>vardan01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

At 08:39 PM 10/3/2006, you wrote:
>Iv been doing some primary/secondary calculations with both
>programs, and all else being equal (at least I think so) WinTesla
>shows 14.7 turns for the primary, and TeslaMap shows 10-11 turns. I
>am assuming that this is typical as there are so many varaibles in
>actual construction that can change the resonant frequency. anyway,
>heres what I am working on so far:

You want to go with the larger number so you don't have too few turns
available.

>15/30 NST
>~9nf cap
>3.5 inch OD pvc for the seconday coilform
>17 inches of 28awg magnet wire ~1135 feet, ~1239 turns
>12 gauge (.064mm) bare copper wire for the primary (yes its
>small)  5.5 inch inner diamater .2 inch spacing
>~10 inch diameter sphere for topload (thats what I am using for
>calculations so far)
>
>I am hoping for 1 foot or better streamers, does that sound resonable?

You will probably get ~20 inch streamers in air and about 30+ inches to ground.

Cheers,

         Terry

I was going to go with 20-25 maybe on the primary I know with a torid on top, I will need a few more turns to tune. I would be just tickled if I could get 30 inches to ground, that would definately scare the **** out of my G/F! So looks like I had better install a strike rail...