grounding question

Original poster: John <guipenguin@xxxxxxxxx>

I think I am going to build this simple NST protection filter for my new coil. <http://hot-streamer.com/greg/filter.htm>http://hot-streamer.com/greg/filter.htm

I see the center safety spark gap is grounded to the NST's chasse, which is grounded to mains ground.

Now, am I correct in thinking that I should NOT ground the primary circuit to the same ground as the end of the secondary (as I see in many schematics) as this could pose a threat from putting you in contact with the primary circuit through a secondary spark? for a spark gap Tesla coil, is this circuit that I linked the only thing that should be ground to mains ground? and then ONLY have the end of the secondary coil to a separate RF ground?

I want to make sure I have everything as safe as possible before I even start building my design.

Thanks again,

      John.