Re: secoundary wire size

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Your 28 AWG will work fine. I usually use 30 AWG for a 4 inch dia. coil with a 30 mA power source. Only a few inches different in spark length.

Dr. Resonance

What is a good guage wire for a 4" / 20" coil powered by a 12kv 30mA xformer?

I wrapped it with about 1460 turns of #28g wire, but it is quite thin and I couldn't get a 100% perfect shinny copper tube look...there are some extremely small spaces between some of the wires.

My question is: What would be the best size wire to use if I were to re-order another spool and wrap another pipe?