RE: grounding question

Original poster: "Mark Dunn" <mdunn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

>Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>
>snip
>I'm curious what other folks read for resistance between their RF
>grounds and mains safety ground?
>Regards, Gary Lau
>MA, USA
>snip

Gary:

I have an 8 foot copper ground rod driven in the ground outside my
basement window.  From Fall thru Spring it reads 0 to 0.1 ohms versus
the "house" neutral/ground.

Sometimes in the summer during a drought, it goes to 100's of ohms and I
water it for 6 to 8 hours to get it back to 0 ohms.

I always(well-usually anyway) check it before running my coil.

Interestingly, on my digital meters(even the good ones), the polarity of
the meter is important.  I forgotten which way it goes, I have it marked
on the ground lead, but it will always read over 1000 ohms if tested
with the wrong polarity.

Mark