Re: Tesla's large pancake coil (and Myth Busters)

Original poster: <davep@xxxxxxxx>

>>      Dave, you're quite right. Experiments to verify something
>> seemingly contradictory to the existing body of verified knowledge is
>> probably (note I said probably) not the best way for most people to
>> spend their resources.

> On the contrary, I find that hobbyist science makes more progress if it
> goes where no professional would think (or dare) to explore.
    'Science', esp if high voltage, or other sources of high energy,
     be involved, can be lethal, to anybody: 'professional', or
     'hobbyist'.

     No reboot, no 'new game'.

     Dead.

     Especially when dealing with unknowns.

    Additionally, of course, sometimes 'proof' is a bit tricky:
    interpreting the results of experiments/tests can be real
    nonobvious...

    best
     dwp