Validating the "Tesla Effect" and retardation

Original poster: "Gary Peterson" <g.peterson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Original poster: "Gary Peterson"

At the TMSC 2006 Conference on Nikola Tesla,
A diminutive incandescent lamp was connected to the secondary of a Tesla receiving transformer to demonstrate the reception of electrical energy propagated by conduction between the two ground terminals and displacement current between the two elevated terminals. . . . As for demonstrating . . . the transmission of electrical energy between . . . a Tesla coil RF transmitter and Tesla receiving transformer . . . this . . . [is] . . . easily done. . . . Why don't Ed, Matt and you all try it?

I'm not enough of a mathematician to calculate the capacitive coupling but sure some others here are. With that in hand it's easy enough to calculate the capacitive coupling between two tuned circuits. . . .

The scientific method requires that mathematical models be developed in an attempt to describe and explain the "Tesla Effect" that has been observed by a number of people on this list and elsewhere.

      There is no question that RF can illuminate lamps
at modest distances. . . . It is a deal more difficult to demonstrate, and may be
      impossible, that any given demo is some
      'special Tesla effect' distinct from usual RF.

       dwp

Easy enough. All you have to do to validate the "special Tesla effect" is transmit a watt of power a mile with 90% efficiency. . . .

I don't agree with you at all. Validation of the Tesla Effect in my mind will be accomplished when even the smallest amount of electrical energy transmitted by a Tesla coil RF transmitter is detected using a grounded Tesla receiving transformer while at the same time the energy is undetectable using a radio antenna connected to a sensitive radio receiver at the same location.

The separation between the TC transmitter site and the receiving site has to be a multiple wavelength distance. The radio antenna must NOT be grounded to the earth. Ideally it would be a vertical 1/2-wave dipole, perhaps incorporating loading coils, suspended in free space from a helium balloon. The radio receiver would be a small battery powered cross-band transposer, say 137 kHz to 224 MHz. Alternatively the radio antenna could be a vertical 1/4-wave base-loaded monopole positioned directly above an elevated, insulated counterpoise. A third option, and probably the easiest to construct, would be a horizontal 1/2-wave dipole with loading coils.

The Tesla receiving transformer could be passive and incorporate a low aspect ratio helical resonator. Alternatively, the receiver could be an identical TC RF transmitter synchronized with the distant energy source and having a phase shifting network so the phase relationship between the two oscillators can be adjusted.

. . . Fanatics expect 99% but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt.
Ed

The use of inflamatory terms such as "fanatics" does absolutely nothing to advance this research, and, in fact, has a retarding influence. I sincerely wish you would cut it out.

Gary Peterson