Re: TMSC 2006 Demonstrations

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

No --- the sec coil of the rcvr was grounded just like the xmtr coil. We stopped and stuck a large spike in the ground. Not the best but it worked ok.

Dr. Resonance

You say you went 4600 ft ungrounded??? Did you try going to multiples of the 1/4 wave length(or close) and grounding the receiver to see if you could pick up the signal again?
Mike

Original poster: "resonance" <<http://us.f345.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx&YY=30678&y5beta=yes&y5beta=yes&order=up&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=f>resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I used our model M-150, a 7.5 kVA coil with an 8 ft long spark, to
light up a 10 inch long neon tube using an identical coil as a
receiver --- at a distance of 4,600 feet.

We started out in the driveway, and I was surprised that at the end
of the driveway it was still igniting.  I loaded it in a truck and
drove down the road east until it extinguished.  Near 3/4 mile range
using coil with identical tuning.

Dr. Resonance

Do you Yahoo!?
Get on board. <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=40791/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta>You're invited to try the new Yahoo! Mail.