PFC, Do you advocate them on 14440 1 amp transformers?

Hi again,

I am considering buying 1000uf @ 370v Run Caps (100uf ganged) for PFC. I not
to worried about the current, I'll be using a Nema 5 contactor.

Will this effect the performance of the coil. I seem to remember reading
somewhere that they add a kick as well as increase efficiency. Does the
power company see a difference? I also seem to remember that they don't see
inductive loads well.

My source for the transformer is Jack. We all hear from him from time to
time . He has lots of HV toys. I will be using a 15kva sliding choke
actuated by a surplus satellite actuator. Hey, I like the idea of a rocker
switch to control current! I've already leaned my lesson about putting movs
across switches and maybe to ground too.

Jack if you are reading this , please respond with a comment about using a
PFC bank associated with a slide choke, on the bombardier Transformer. The
effect of the capacitance and the varying inductance is interesting.

Comments?