RE: Atomic Laboratories 71869 Tesla Coil

Original poster: "Peter Birk" <birk@xxxxxxx>

Never sent pictures through a list.  Hope they're not to big.  As you can
see the metal case is labelled Atomic Laboratories division of CENCO.
Probably was purchased new when the school opened around 1975. Tried to
measure the resonant frequency of the secondary with an oscilloscope with a
built in signal generator.  First dip occurred around 250KHz.  Found the
metal ball on top was not making contact - with the ball connected it
dropped to 225KHz.  Guess I need to short the spark gap and check the
primary but I was thinking I should try seperating the coils first and
measuring their independent resonant frequencies.  My plan is to unsolder
the bottom of the secondary where it connects to the potted network and
connect it to a piece of well insulated stranded 16 or 14 gauge wire with a
clip for external grounding.

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/PeterBirk/

-Peter Birk