Re: 10kva pole pig needed with 29kv primary

Ok, but I still don't understand why you're limited to 10 kVA
by seriesing the (2) 10 kVA transformers. Since volts/amps
is equal to volts x amps, with (2) 14.4 kV units in series, you
are indeed limited to the amperage output of a single one
(about .695 amps for a 10 kVA @ 14.4kV pig) but your
voltage output is still doubled - so 28.8 kv x .695 amps =
20 kVA. Just the same, when you parallel the same (2) 14.4
kV@ 10kVA pigs, you are limited to the voltage of a single one,
but the amperage is additive - 14.4 kV x 1.39 amps = 20 kVA.
The way I'm seeing it, the only thing that could be limiting your
power level to <20 kVA is the limit of your electrical service
or your ballasting."

I can't see this either. The current and voltage rating of each of the two 10 kVa transformer can't change with connection, so the available power should be 20 kVa in either series or parallel configurations OF THE SECONDARIES, primaries always in parallel. I do worry about insulation levels of the secondaries with respect to ground and the primaries but that is a separate issue.

Ed