RE: PFC, Do you advocate them on 14440 1 amp transformers? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 23:30:28 -0700
From: Jim Mora <jmora@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: PFC, Do you advocate them on 14440 1 amp transformers?

Hi Steve,

I was planning on putting 4uf (I can make 8uf) on the front side of the 150H
output choke and 1 mf across the output (three phase ).

I am also going to work (play) with a 14400 1.1 amp neon Bombardier
transformer with an asrg GAP since my teletype motor wont spin the wheel:-)
So the effect on the Big neon blaster; is what I am really inquiring about.
We know the ratio. Your thoughts?, and I won't be using any filtering (other
than main lines) with the Bombardier at all. Current control will be a slide
choke.

I'm Curious if my 8" can take it at low power. I need a Spark fix... while
I'm still gathering stuff, (almost have it all) winding coils and soldering
nearly 500 Caps! (200) of which are electrolytics for the 4uf bank. I have
200 new extra if you need some. 450v 180uf.

My MMC is (will be) 15 banks of 18 per string  of CD .15 with room to add
more to the strings and add 3 more strings later when I print some new
money:-^). Just kidding for the sake of the Carnivore lurkers.

Thanks,
Good to hear from you,
Jim Mora

I seem to remember 8:1 was a good linear PS ripple defeater. Not that there
will be much... on the 3 phase DC setup. Do you know?