Re: coupling (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 18:17:43 -0400
From: Mike <mike.marcum@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: coupling (fwd)

I start flush with about .5-1" clearance (depending on nst voltage, 1" for
15kv) between primary and secondary (assuming you have a flat primary). The
trick is to get it as close as possible w/o racing sparks or arcs from
primary to secondary. Flush about as close as you can get (unless you're
going for a bipolar coil), may have to raise the secondary from there.

Mike