RE: Large Pulse Capacitors for sale from The Geek Group (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 19:38:06 -0400
From: Chris Boden <cboden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Large Pulse Capacitors for sale from The Geek Group (fwd)

Actually we have plans for a few projects involving them. The main one is
using 20 of the 50kV ones for a 1MV Marx bank (our Project Harpo), as well
as a Can shrinker (single cap at 60kV) and a mammoth quarter shrinker made
from 8 caps like this.

http://www.thegeekgroup.org/archives/img/albums/uploads/2006-10-10/DSC04436.
jpg

It will have a dedicated concrete bunker to house the caps, and a separate
concrete room above it for the blast chamber. I imagine the core of the
blast chamber to end up being several layers of 1" Lexan and 1/2" Mild steel
or something like that.

If you do the math on an 8 to 10 cap array of those the numbers will make
you twitch a little. It should be an exceptional demonstration.

We're also planning on building a more typical sized quarter shrinker to
actually shrink quarters.

Though....actually shrinking a manhole would be a fun project.

If anyone's interested in being a part we're always looking for new members,
it's free to all! Come and play!

www.thegeekgroup.org

Chris Böden
President