High K lower pole tuning DRSSTC (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 18:23:00 -0500
From: Joshua Gutfriend <josh123spartan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: High K lower pole tuning DRSSTC

I've done a lot of reasearch on DRSSTCs and it occured to me that if you
increase the K then you could lower the lower pole of the frecquency split.
That would decrease the losses in the secondary wire, increase the speed of
energy transfer, and allow increase in tank capacity. Then to counteract the
racing spark you could just make the secondary mineral oil filled. I was
thinking of a K of 0.385 because it a "magic K" value while the K is still
high. Apreciative of any input. P.S. I'm 13 and a newbie.

Josh

Buy, Load, Play. The new Sympatico / MSN Music Store works seamlessly with
Windows Media Player. Just Click PLAY.
http://musicstore.sympatico.msn.ca/content/viewer.aspx?cid=SMS_Sept192006