remote location of NSTs - away from coil base?

Original poster: Gomez Addams <gomezaddams@xxxxxxxxx>

I am in the process of building one of my most elaborate and over- engineered Tesla coils to date. Besides appearance and performance,
one of my goals is a tidy package and convenience.

To that end, I had planned to put the big NST inside my control panel
(there will be a grounded metal barrier between it and the control/ metering/line voltage side of the panel.

The NST will be used with one of Terry's protection filter networks
and of course a two-sided safety gap.  I plan to locate these inside
the vented (and easily opened) rear panel of the control panel, for
convenience, mechanical protection, and easy of adjustment of the
safety gaps.

This will be an LTR coil, at least for its first incarnation.

Now we get to my question.  Someone, I think maybe Terry, told me
once that doing this (as opposed to leaving the NST that coil) can
cause resonance problems that would kill the NST secondary winding -
something about stray capacitance in the HV leads going to the coil?

I have some questions about this, and a certain amount of skepticism:

1) wouldn't the primary capacitance swamp any stray lead capacitance,
making it rather moot?

2) wouldn't the resistors in the NST "Terry filter" tend to kill any
resonance?

3) Has anyone else used their NST remotely away from the coil and had
either problems you were able to trace to this issue, or no problems?
(either data point would be useful)

Thanks in advance,
 - Bill Lemieux,
	Denver, Colorado, USA

"Whatever you can provide yourself with to secure protection
from men is a natural good."          - Epicurus

Is it weird in here, or is it just me?