Re: Data on IGBT

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Yes, either of these units would work great in a DRSSTC design.

The MG200 is a 600 VDC 200 Amp unit and the MG300 is 600 VDC 300 Amp unit.

I have a coil design with a 10 inch dia 50 inch sec using two top loads which operates off a line voltage doubler, 120 VAC doubled and rectified to 340 VDC. This coil produces solid 6-7 ft long sparks. We use a 600 VDC 150 Amp PowerEx unit on this coil for spectacular performance.

Grab me at our forthcoming Teslathon (Sept. 9th) and I will share this info with you.

Dr. Resonance

I got my data sheets on the IGBTs, they are posted on the newsgroup
alt.binaries.schematics.electronics
Under MG200J2YS1 and MG300J1US1

Can someone take a look and tell my if these would
be suitable for a tesla coil?
                             Mike