Re: remote location of NSTs - away from coil base?

Original poster: Gomez Addams <gomezaddams@xxxxxxxxx>

On Sep 4, 2006, at 9:35 PM, Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Yes --- at Allied Electronics.  Perhaps digi-Key no longer carries
them.

Well, you can use Caton connectors at $120 each or just use the
Supercons at $20 each.  Supercons win when price is involved.  It's
only $60 per small coil --- we use a third one for the ground.

And then the mating receptacle is another $23 from Allied, so now we
are talking about $43 x 3 = $129 per small coil.  That's half the
cost of my primary copper just for three connectors.  I'm sure some
people have that kind of budget, but I don't.  Maybe I can find some
at a surplus store.  I've seen the larger (100A) versions in small
quantities from time to time at the last remaining local electronics
shop, but never the smaller size, and never in complete matching sets.

Neat, fast, and convenient ---
definitely worth the cost the first time a brass ground stud
sticking out rips a whole in your cars backseat upholstery!

I use spaces intended for cargo, such as vans and trucks and car
trunks so that sort of thing doesn't happen.

 - B(G)L