From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 10:45 AM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: remote location of NSTs - away from coil base?

Original poster: Gomez Addams <gomezaddams@xxxxxxxxx>

On Sep 4, 2006, at 9:35 PM, Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>Yes --- at Allied Electronics.  Perhaps digi-Key no longer carries
>them.
>
>Well, you can use Caton connectors at $120 each or just use the
>Supercons at $20 each.  Supercons win when price is involved.  It's
>only $60 per small coil --- we use a third one for the ground.

And then the mating receptacle is another $23 from Allied, so now we are
talking about $43 x 3 = $129 per small coil.  That's half the cost of my
primary copper just for three connectors.  I'm sure some people have
that kind of budget, but I don't.  Maybe I can find some at a surplus
store.  I've seen the larger (100A) versions in small quantities from
time to time at the last remaining local electronics shop, but never the
smaller size, and never in complete matching sets.

>Neat, fast, and convenient ---
>definitely worth the cost the first time a brass ground stud sticking
>out rips a whole in your cars backseat upholstery!

I use spaces intended for cargo, such as vans and trucks and car trunks
so that sort of thing doesn't happen.

  - B(G)L