Re: remote location of NSTs - away from coil base?

Original poster: Gomez Addams <gomezaddams@xxxxxxxxx>

On Sep 6, 2006, at 11:38 AM, Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "Kurt Schraner" <k.schraner@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Gomez,

perhaps no need to scrap the coax idea. For my big B&W coil I
solved the problem by adding 2 series power resistors.

please see http://www.pupman.com/listarchives/2005/Oct/msg00610.html

BTW: the braid of the coax should be shown grounded. Please view in
fixed font.

The Terry filter I have now already has 1k resistors in it - twice
yours.
I thought that would be plenty to spoil the resonance, but others
here have said it wouldn't be enough.

Given that I'm running this coil on a nearly-unreplaceable 120mA NST,
I want to minimize any risks to the power transformer.

 - Bill "Gomez" Lemieux