Re: Egg of Columbus

Original poster: Daniel Kline <daniel_kline@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: Gomez Addams <gomezaddams@xxxxxxxxx>

On Sep 12, 2006, at 1:26 PM, Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: Daniel Kline <daniel_kline@xxxxxxxxxxx>

It's not a toroidal winding. It's four separate polyphase windings.
...on a toroidal form.
Right?
I knew it was multiphase, didn't realize it used four phases though!
I assume it's possible to build one which uses only three.  I'd love
to build one, but I'd have to synthesize the multiphase power.  If it
can be done with only two phases and windings, it gets lots easier-
just add a capacitor, like a squirrel cage motor!

I wasn't clear, so sorry.
Four windings, two phases.
I just saw this in a Tesla Documentary today.
The Genius Who Lit the World, I think.
The director of the Tesla Museum talks about its configuration in that video.

Dan K.