Re:

At 11:09 AM 9/17/2006, Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: "Gav D" <gdingley@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,
I've been writing some MATLAB code to explore the use of current
filament analysis to calculate the inductance of the standard coil
geometries: flat-disk, helical and conical. The results I've been
getting have been interesting when compared to the traditional
formulae used in calculating inductance. Assuming my code works, this
is what I have found:-

Helical: Wheeler works fine as long as the diameter/radius is greater
than about 5, beyond this the error is small but still present. Below
this it can get quite way-off.

Flat-Disk: The code generates values of the right magnitude to the
standard "Wheeler-variation" formula for this coil geometry, but the
figures are quite different.

Conical: Have not looked at this one yet.

I was wondering if anyone else has looked into this, perhaps have a
program by which I can compare my own code? Has anyone else noticed
how inaccurate the standard formulae can be? Perhaps my code is just
wrong.

You need to look at Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz's programs..
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/programs/