Re: Machining an Egg

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx

Hi Adam, All,

    You're right, butI think we may be getting into a semantic quagmire.
Solid<==>Pure, Solid <==> Not Hollow, Solid <==>Not Plated
Solid copper is not pure copper. A pure copper penny would bend too easily and thus make a miserable emergency screw driver. ;^)
Solid chocolate candy is not hollow
Solid gold means not plated, but may be  only 10k~12k
Even pure silver coins still had 0.1% other stuff
The change in penny alloy does explain why the penny-nickel-blotting paper-lemon juice battery demonstration doesn't work as well for the grandkids as it did for me back when, and why some types of vending machines gag on new pennies. (weight sensitive)
Matt D