Re: 12" duct 25' , in search of a cheaper, smooth, large toriod

Original poster: "Peter Terren" <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I just use a truck inner tube covered with adhesive aluminium tape. Here is my 9x33 that cost perhaps $20, works great and will never dent.
http://tesladownunder.com/Tesla18inch2nd5ft.JPG
You need to take care to spread the tension of the tape to avoid constriction effects. Also some tape on the innermost diameter needs to be placed in reverse so that there is an Al - Al connection to the TC without going through adhesive.
After a couple of years it probably needs to be pumped up.

Peter

Original poster: David Brown <teslaboi@xxxxxxxxx>

Jim,
I also had a idea on how to smooth-out the duct, by injecting a expanding foam inside and controling the expansion by use-ing small holes drilled on the inside, never had time to try this.. keep me posted, I'm looking to make a 12" x 60" Toriod next month for a 12 dia x 48" Tesla Coil.

Dave