High speed Tesla spark photographs - Terry's Now ;-)

Hi,

To follow up...

I modified the calibrator for 1uS on time pulses at 100kHz but with a diode and cap so it has a "tail" to point in the direction of time.

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/pictures/CalibratorPointers.jpg

So time so increasing from the bottom, toward to top in my pictures.

This is most interesting ;-)))

I took one good frame and enhanced it with comments (1.7MB to preserve all the detail):

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/pictures/P9180017-Comment.JPG

You can see each ring up pulse now!!!!!!!!

The first pulse is very weak but visible.

The second pulse 5uS latter is stronger and has a significant downward branch but its upward branch almost goes 1/2 the distance.

The third pulse almost gets there and clearly stimulates streamers off the ground point.

The fourth pulse arcs and completes in a very bright area between the previous leader and the corona off the ground point.

Here is a ScanTesla equivalent:

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/pictures/P9180017-Comment.gif

This coil is highly predictable and the trailing oscillations are due to the leftover energy in the primary circuit. But those oscillations are weak in this case and do not show up at all in the photo.

Wild stuff!!!

Cheers,

	Terry