Re: High speed Tesla spark photographs - Terry's Now ;-)

Hi Terry,

Great pictures!!

ISO - As high as possible!!! 1,000,000 would be nice!!! Mine only goes to 400 at that is barely enough. One of those cameras that can be forced up to 16,000 whether it is good or not would be nice. You really need this one!!! As Dan and other's say, getting data out of the camera in a deep RAW format would really help here too. The cool stuff is just barely above the noise level in my case.

ISO settings only affect the post processing (in the camera for JPEG). The sensor knows nothing about the setting. If you had RAW, you could effectively change the ISO to anything you wanted in the PC. Here is where a big sensor would help. Larger pixels bins on the sensor give more storage and more dynamic range. Noise is less of a problem with large pixel bins.

Focus - Manual. I just measured it and set the camera to that distance. This could be tricky, but I did not have much trouble with it.

You could also focus on a target with the lights on and before you juice the TC.

Gerry R.