Re: First light with 833 tube coil, then silence

Original poster: "Dr. John W. Gudenas" <comsciprof@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Greetings Cameron and David

One last post before I hit the sack tonight (assuming I am still
lucid after grading exams).

I have to agree with Cameron, it would be hard to destroy that big
mica with two MOTs.
David this assumes that the tank capacitor is new. If it is pull, all
bets are off. You incur the risk of unknown stress.

David, your last post indicated you checked the level shifter power
supply and you thought it was ok.
 If you can't run an HV check on the tank cap like DC suggested then
I suppose you will have to swap it out
as a test.

Best of luck
John