Re: Egg of Columbus at Australian exhibition

Original poster: "Peter Terren" <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I attended the Tesla exhibition from the Nikola Tesla Museum in Belgrade at the World of Energy Museum in Fremantle, Western Australia. This was the first on the itinerary for this group in their limited world tour.

The Egg of Colombus was working well and used 415V 3 phase at 15 A. It was only run in brief bursts understandably and took perhaps 10 seconds to spin up. They had models of the bladeless turbine and induction motor. There were models of all his labs and extensive posters all reproduced in a high quality 60 page bilingual booklet which I have. No other specs, sorry. Also had a Tesla coil using a curious serrated wheel gap and a glass plate cap. It was about 3 feet tall and gave sparks around 3 inches.
Some pics on my site.
http://tesladownunder.com/Tesla%20display.htm#Tesla%20Exhibition

Peter

Original poster: "Cameron B. Prince" <cplists@xxxxxxxxxx>
Hi Peter,
Thanks for letting us know about this and I wonder, if you have a chance, if
you could ask the tour guide or demonstrator details about the power supply
running the egg. Specifics such as the voltage it runs on and any drive
components would be great.
I wish I had had the foresight to have asked these questions when I was at
the museum.
Thanks again and please take many photos.

Cameron