Re: top load height

Original poster: otmaskin5@xxxxxxx Dr., when you say "base of the toroid," do you mean the lowest part of the toroid (which would be the underside of the cord) or the disc in the center of the toroid? Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 2:08 AM
Subject: Re: top load height

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

With magnet wire coils I usually space the base of the toroid (horizontal plane) 3 inches above the last secondary winding.

With large PVC covered insulation on the wire, I usually set this distance at 6 inches.

The larger the cross section of the torus the more height the coil will tolerate --- increased electrostatic shielding of the upper sec turns.

Dr. Resonance

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at <http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/1615326657x4311227241x4298082137/aol?redir=http://www.aol.com>AOL.com.