Counterpoise Size

Hello Group,

I am considering using a counterpoise on my developing traveling Tesla coil
demo.

The coil form is 12" by 62" high plus a base height of 28". Since I hope to
be demonstrating this to High Schools in football fields, I suspect the
grounds people will not appreciate rods being driven into the TLC turf.

I have put together a 3 phase diesel generator to drive a 3 phase radar
transformer for 24-30KV 10KVA DC under control of three 1256D variacs and a
variable 18", 8 pole rotary spark gap (1/2" tungsten). I am hoping to make a
VFD survivable for the 3 phase 3600rpm motor.

Question: would a counterpoise of 12 feet in diameter, 1" chicken wire be
big enough or should I add the base height and make it be bigger?

There will also be an 8 foot long exploding wire demo and hopefully a 100KV
Xray transformer driven Jacob's Ladder.

It will be fun getting the liability insurance for this menagerie!

Regards,
Jim Mora