Re: MMC Cap .005 uf 40KV

Hi Mike,

I've used WIMA caps for a very small coil and they worked fine. But for MMC comparison of Cornell Dubilier caps, it's hard to tell if they will perform as well. Cap for cap, I think CD's are superior due to rms current capability and internal construction. I'm simply letting you know that I have used the WIMA caps myself. It's just that I can't tell you anything from experience on a high current coil. The coil I built was "a mini coil" and the caps were selected due to their easy pcb mounting. BTW, the coil sucked, but the caps did hold up fine.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,
It would seem I may have spoken too soon. I just got an email from a list member who tells me Dr. Resonance's price for the 942 CDE caps is as good as what I was looking at from the distributor I was talking to. And if the good Doc has them on hand you'd get them much faster as the distributor I talked to just gave me a 49 day lead time on orders.

I don't know if this brand is comparable to the 942 caps, but I was looking around and found some that seemed like they might be good....although I haven't seen the prices on them even. The brand is WIMA . They seem to have some potentially usefull caps for our MMC purposes IF their price is competitive. I would like someone more knowledgable to look at the specs and give some feedback.
    These are some pulse caps they have:
<http://www.wima.com/EN/fkp1.htm>http://www.wima.com/EN/fkp1.htm
   Here is the datasheet for these pulse caps:
<http://www.wima.com/EN/WIMA_FKP_1.pdf>http://www.wima.com/EN/WIMA_FKP_1.pdf
     Here are their snubber caps:
<http://www.wima.com/EN/snubberfkp.htm>http://www.wima.com/EN/snubberfkp.htm
here is the data sheet on them:
<http://www.wima.com/EN/WIMA_Snubber_FKP.pdf>http://www.wima.com/EN/WIMA_Snubber_FKP.pdf As I said, I have no idea right now if these caps would be comparable to the CDE 942 series caps but I thought I'd share what I found and see what you all think.
Mike

Original poster: "H.S. J." <hsheltonj@xxxxxxxxx>

How about doing a bulk buy of CDE 940C30S33K-F?

They are .33uF @ 3000VDC (750VAC)

-Shelton