Re: 12KV 750Ma diodes

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx In a message dated 4/9/07 2:57:58 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Original poster: G Hunter <dogbrain_39560@xxxxxxxxx>

Here's a pair of 14kv 1000ma diodes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/HV-Rectifiers-14KV-1-Amp-Set-of-2-HV-Diodes_W0QQitemZ130095517214QQihZ003QQcategoryZ48708QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

You can also roll your own by soldering twelve, 1N4007
diodes in series.  This will give you 12kv at 1000ma
for under $1.

Greg

Hi Greg,

Perhaps this is not a problem, but I have always been concerned about the power dissipated in long strings of small diodes. Even a few volts each, times a dozen or more diodes, times an amp can generate some heat. This is probably why I've seen strings of diodes on boards in oil for some X-ray units. What has your experience been?

Thanks,
Matt D.

See what's free at <http://www.aol.com?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000503>AOL.com.