Re: Re: [] Re: Thoraited Tungsten Rods

Original poster: "Teslacoil Workshop" <workshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The addition of thorium dioxide does not increase the conductivity of
tungsten. Thorium is added to make the arc easier to start and maintain
because it is a particle emitter. Perhaps someone can jump in with the
scientific word for the radioactive arc starting property... I thought it
was called "preessence" or something like that.

Jeff