Re: spark gap construction

Original poster: "Matthew Boddicker" <shmerpleton_town@xxxxxxxxxxx>

What exactly is quench factor? I have only started coiling half a year ago.

Matthew Boddicker

From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: spark gap construction
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 23:25:06 -0600

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Why go thru all this work when it's simply not necessary?

I've been building coils for 50 years and have never had to use magnetic fields to acheive the proper quench factor.

Dr. Resonance

This is Matthew again.
what about using two, maybe even four solinoids perpindicular to the gap? Magnets, I agree would heat up and weaken, but I don't think solinoids would. The only problem that I see though is possibly the heat melting the solinoids or the spark gap arcing to the solinoids.

Matthew

Can?t afford to quit your job? ­ Earn your AS, BS, or MS degree online in 1 year. http://www.classesusa.com/clickcount.cfm?id=866145&goto=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.classesusa.com%2Ffeaturedschools%2Fonlinedegreesmp%2Fform-dyn1.html%3Fsplovr%3D866143