RE: Oil Burner transformers

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>

Nope - there's no way possible to wire them in series.  The steel cores
are tied to the secondary midpoints, so each series-connected xfmr would
have a 10kV differential between their cores.  The primary-to-core
insulation cannot tolerate that and would break down (since the
primaries are tied together).

Instead, wire them in parallel (all primaries in parallel, and all
secondaries in parallel).  You'll need to experiment with the phase,
swapping either the pri or sec phasing to get maximum arc.  You'll end
up with a 10kV/69mA OBIT farm, with the same effective power as a
series-connected 30kV/23mA configuration, but much easier to build a
capacitor for.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA