Re: Wardencyffe/Tunnels Re: Colorado Springs

Original poster: "Dave" <dgoodfellow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

According to my book, after J.P. Morgan offered Tesla 150,000 to build a wireless transmission tower and power plant, Tesla turned to James D. Warden, manager and director of the Suffolk county Land Company of Long Island. He made 200 acres available to Tesla. The north shore of Long Island drops sharply down to the water of the Sound, so the site was called Wardenclyffe.

Dave
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2007 9:20 PM
Subject: Re: Wardencyffe/Tunnels Re: Colorado Springs

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dave:

Any idea where the name "Wardenclyffe" originated? Is it a former landowners name or ??

Dr. Resonance

Original poster: "Dave" <dgoodfellow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

There are more digs in the area that are not related to Tesla and the Wardenclyffe plant. From about 1954 to 1974 there was a Nike missile bunker in Rockey Point Long Island, which is the next town over from Shoreham. In its day, it was the last line of defense from a nuclear attack on New York City. In the link below, there are references to tunnels going right up to someone's basement, but then I found this statement of the status of the missile facility: