Big x-ray transformers and Jacobs Ladders.

Hello List,

I am considering purchasing a Big box x-ray transformer, somewhere near 100kv at >150ma single phase 240v 60hz for a large Jacob?s ladder. What has been anybodies? experience with these? It is presently DC out but I would remove the diodes and filters and put a flat plate on top with (2) 14,400v horns on it. Evidently others are doing this without arcing to the grounded case.

Here?s the question: how big of arc could I expect to draw on a dry, windless night. I have not been able to get much more the 12-14? with our usual 14400 driven hard.

?A bit off topic, but hopefully of interest.

Thanks,
Jim Mora