high potential energy discharge pulse duty capacitors

Original poster: "D.C. Cox" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

This winter RRC has been experimenting with HV capacitor design and fabrication.

RRC will begin manufacturing and distributing high potential energy discharge pulse capacitors this summer.

These will all be extended foil construction using 1 mil PE dielectrics with a 1 kV/mil design parameter.

I intend to rate them for 2.5 million shots running with a 14.4 kV distribution xmfr. Voltage reversals at 100% with all units rated at 60 kV DC pulse duty.

Two standard values will be available: 60 nF (.06 uF) and 100 nF (0.1 uF) 60 kV.

Ultra high Q factor in excess of 20,000 and mounted in a polypropylene case with mounting tabs. This exceeds current Maxwell values by 2,500.

We expect to make our first large quantity production run in mid to late July. Second run would be in December.

If anyone needs a large cap for a PT or pole xmfr operated coil please contact me off-list and specify the quantity you require. Price will depend on quantity (bulk) from all members of the Tesla List. I will add up the potential orders and determine a price per unit based on an 80% order fill volume.

Dr. Resonance