Re: 1928 SGTC

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

If you value your power xmfr, don't run the cap in parallel and SG in series. Bad idea.

This was "old school" along with long, tall coils and very small toploads.

Dr. Resonance

I just got an Oct 1928 Science and Invention and it has a 1 page article on a 6 ft Tesla coil. Almost enough info to build one.

For those interested, I scanned the page and will send the same.

Of note, it uses the cap in parallel and gap in series arrangement, 22KV, 8KVA transformer and a 20" dia rotary spark gap driven by a 2HP motor!
The primary is 4 turns and suspended from the top of the secondary.

Thanks, Frank