60 HZ single phase from 3 phase generator to drive an single phase HV transformer

Hello Group,

For our IGBT engineering types: I would like to have both three phase and single phase from my 3 phase only 480v generator on my Tesla demo trailer. Suppose I was to take the 3 phase and power rectify it to 480/.707=679 (or adjusted to less with a 3 phase 1256d powerstat) volts DC. Using a 555 or whatever to make 60hz can a reasonable inverter driver be made that would drive a single phase 480 to 240v CT 15KVA stepdown transformer which I have (without PWM) or am I dreaming? I don't know ho much a square wave would heat the transformer but it has an aluminum heat sink around it, which is unusual.

It would be a luxury to have both 3 phase >18KVA and single phase 15KVA on hand on my trailer for HV Tesla Power Supplies. I have both types of HV transformers. Using a single leg at high power would run the generator badly out of balance. I do have a 480 delta to 208/120Y transformer as well for 3 more balanced loads.

Thanks for any help or ideas. I do not want to have to buy an additional single phase generator.

Jim Mora