Re: TESLA'S WIRELESS TRANSMISSION SCHEME (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 16:44:02 -0700
From: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: TESLA'S WIRELESS TRANSMISSION SCHEME (fwd)

I would have to see the actual experiments you are talking about to
respond to this request.  As for actual experiments demonstrating
electrostatic standing waves (longitudinal waves of ions) in a three
coil system, I present my own work:
http://www.tesla-coil-builder.com/FlatSpiralSolenoidCombo.htm

There is no question in my mind that I am correct since I can
physically produce the phenomenon to which I am referring.  Have you
considered that before forming your own personal opinion?

Dave"

	Many of us have looked at your pictures and find nothing other than what we would expect of the discharge of that upper terminal with the discontinuity around the middle; nothing to suggest standing waves.  As for the "steady" aspect of the streamers that is also typical of lower power discharges of the lengths you mention.  Did you ever try disturbing the air around the upper terminal, either by blowing on it (if you weren't worried about getting your face too close) or using an electric fan?

Ed