3 Rounds of Lichtenberg Figures, Formulas, and Cauterised Beef for Dessert (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 03:49:15 +0000
From: Jeff Behary <jeff_behary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: 3 Rounds of Lichtenberg Figures, Formulas,
     and Cauterised  Beef for Dessert

Hey All,

In honour of my 31st Birthday, we've finally updated the website with some
new material.
http://www.electrotherapymuseum.com/WhatsNew.htm

First off, with the generous help of Finn Hammer, the acquisition of 3 rare
volumes in the study of
Lichtenberg Figures by Danish Scientist P. O. Pedersen.  These are offered
most kindly from the The Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters (Det
Kongelige Danske Videnskabernes Selskab).  The information within is a quite
fascinating and equally a scarce topic in general.

http://www.electrotherapymuseum.com/2007/2August/PedersenIPreliminary2/index.htm
http://www.electrotherapymuseum.com/2007/2August/PedersenIIVelocityTime2/index.htm
http://www.electrotherapymuseum.com/2007/2August/PedersenIIIPositive2/index.htm

Next, through the generosity of friend and fellow collector Frank Jones,
some fascinating early
catalogues that featured Tesla Coils, Mercury Interrupters, Induction Coils,
Static Machines, and
related goodies.  There are even some nice photos of how to test the
machines on beef before doing surgery on real people...(of course there are
movies of this on our site...fortunately only the sight and sounds can be
heard, the >>smell<< is horrific!).

Most interesting in the Schall & Son catalogue is a page comparing spark
output of an induction coil
when electrolytic and mercury breaks are used.
http://www.electrotherapymuseum.com/2007/2August/Shall2/pages/Schall_241.htm

And to think that back then you could buy one of these coils and for a few
bucks more they'd throw in a pair of leyden jars and a Tesla Coil to use as
an accessory to it...The Tesla Coils shown in the Fischer catalogues were
pretty far removed from the quackery of the era, they were actually used for
surgical procedures and treatments, powering an X-Ray tube, etc.  .  .

Jeff Behary, c/o
The Turn Of The Century Electrotherapy Museum
http://www.electrotherapymuseum.com

Learn.Laugh.Share. Reallivemoms is right place!