Re: HV accident (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 03:57:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: HV accident (fwd)

If you need to discharge a HV cap and don't have
resistors that are up to the task, use a wet rag and
throw it over the terminals. It may not be pretty, but
it beats using a screwdriver. Just be sure to use the
screwdriver after the rag has been there for a minute.
And always store caps with a shorting wire or bus. It
also doesn't hurt to use safety glasses when playing
with HV.

Adam