Re: Photos of VTTC (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 22:04:53 -0700
From: James Zimmerschied <zimtesla@xxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Photos of VTTC (fwd)

Ed, the caps are Sangamo CM60B103K 0.01uF at 2500 Vdc. Two strings of 10
in series connected in parallel to give 0.002uF. They haven't seemed to
get hot but I only run bout 30 sec at a time. My design has a cooling fan
that blows over the caps and then onto the tube, so this may be helping.
One could argue that there are a lot of mechanical connections to maintain
tight. But for me the caps were free and mica is a good dielectric for
nearly continuous discharge coils.
Jim