RE: VTTC ponderings. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 11:21:43 -0500
From: Rich & DJ <rdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: VTTC ponderings. (fwd)

-----Original Message-----
From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 7:52 AM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 08:21:17 -0400
Dave , Scott is right on about the filament transformer. It is the one thing
on a tube that has to right. I have some tubes that operate on any where
from about 2000 to 30,000 volts on the plate but the filament must be 5.0
Vac , too low and you loose emissions to high and it shortens the life of
the tube a lot. A question was asked about big VVTC , well if you look at
the Eimac tubes offered on e-bay you are only limited by you pocket book. I
am a ham radio guy and mess with tubes a lot but if you want to go to high
power a pole pig and regular coil is a lot cheaper. I have made my own
filament transformers , it is easy to do.

Rich , Kd0zz